Monday, February 3, 2014

Crocheted Baby Booties

I’m not too good at crocheting, but I’m trying to be.  Some of the patterns out there are just down right cute.  I decided I wanted to make my new grandbaby, Grayson, a pair of booties.  I started to crochet and tore apart at least 10 little booties before I came across a pattern I really liked.  My problem is, crochet patterns really confuse me, for the most part.  I came across this little boot pattern from the Repeat Crafter Me, blog.  Not only does this lady have the pattern for you, she also does the very first part in video form.  Even with the video, I struggled a bit.  I would listen and watch and try to do the same, but the lady was just too fast for me.  So, what I ended up doing to make this little bootie was listening, pausing, crocheting, then listening, pausing, crocheting….over and over and over again.  Finally, after many hours (not kidding), I had one boot finished.  Now for the other boot.  It still took hours but not quite as many.  The yellow button is just to see how it worked.  Next time I make it out of town, I want to get some cute little baby buttons to put on the cuff.

image

IMG_8051

IMG_8047

After doing one pair, I thought…..OK, here we go….I can do this on my own now.  NOT!  I still had to watch the video to work my second pair of booties, going through the same routine of listening, pausing, crocheting.  Why can’t I get this, I kept asking myself.  Finally, today I tried again, without the video assistance and I only had to take it apart 3 times before I finally got it.  YES!  This time I made a little bootie for a girl and I even added a little ruffle to the bottom of the cuff…..all by myself, making it up as I went along.  Woot, woot.  I’m thinking I need to make the cuff longer before adding the ruffle or I need the ruffle to be a tad bit bigger.  I need to make another pair and play around with the stitches a bit till I get the look I want.  Look out bootie world, here I come.

IMG_8059

IMG_8067

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your persistence once again pays off. The booties are just plain cute. You will have it mastered before you know it:) Max

Anonymous said...

Good job they are cute....Janis....

Seth and Natalie said...

Oh my gosh, how cute! I for one am super impressed with these crocheting skills. And I love the yellow button too. Grayson is going to have the most adorable feet!