Friday, February 21, 2014

Finding The Green In Spring

I stepped outside this morning in 24 degree weather to put a letter in the mailbox.  You would have thought it was spring the way all the birds were singing.  I couldn’t see the birds but one of the sounds I heard sounded like a meadowlark.

Meadow Lark Singing

Awe, spring!  I thought….it sounds like spring so maybe I could find something green, other than our pine trees, that would make it feel like spring.

IMG_8176

IMG_8166

IMG_8165

IMG_8168

IMG_8167 IMG_8169

IMG_8171

Out in our garden spot, I brushed away some dirt and dead leaves and actually found some green, frozen-in-time green, but hey, it was still a smidgen of green.

IMG_8172 IMG_8173

Defeated from my quest to find something really green, I headed back to the house and it was there, right on the ground, that I spotted green.  It wasn’t the green I was hoping to find but still, it actually made my day…………….it was a bright green in the mist of brown, greys and dullness……….a part that my husband uses in his work.  I know, weird, but this little bit of green lying on the ground actually made my day!

IMG_8175

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW doesn't take much to make your day does it? You are like me little things make your day..Max

daiseedeb said...

That Meadow Lark made my heart sing. Thanks for the lift!
d