Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Loristica Camp Out

Amber (daughter), Corey (son-in-law), and Corey’s parents came to our home yesterday.  We took Corey 4-wheeling up to Loristica a few weeks ago when he was here and said he’d like to come back when his parents were visiting and take them camping.  Amber, Corey, and his parents stayed the night but due to my husbands work schedule on the farm, we had to come back home after spending a few hours there.  It’s a beautiful place and we did enjoy eating a hobo dinner and roasting marshmallows to make smores and……………..

IMG_6251

IMG_6254

IMG_6256

IMG_6247

IMG_6257

IMG_6258

2013-06-22 14.11.39

IMG_6269

My husband is forever making up concoctions of different varieties of food.  It just so happened that we took up some lemon brownies and my husband took it from there.  Instead of the regular graham cracker, chocolate and marshmallow smores that we were all intending on having, my husband decided to put his chocolate bar on top of his lemon brownie and top that with his roasted marshmallow.  Actually, I made myself one and it really tasted good.  Very rich, but good.

IMG_6266

IMG_6260

IMG_6261

Corey was the caretaker of the fire. 

IMG_6253

We also had a little visitor that seems to have formed a relationship with my explorer.  He stayed by the vehicle the entire time we were there.  I was even thinking at one point that he might hitch a ride back down the canyon to our home.

IMG_6245

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you all had a good time. Your little hitch hiker hiding on your wheel is a cutie. Looks just like when we rode our 4wheelers there when we came up in June. It is a nice place. Max

Anonymous said...

Love your activities and stories. Ya, my husband has to get back from going anywhere to take care of the farm. Gee, sometimes I get tired of listening about farm things. I just want to go out and take some pictures, somewhere and not at 65 miles per hour! Darla