Thursday, July 11, 2013

Entryway Make-Over

This monster sat in the entryway of our home for 13 (too many) long years.  When we first moved into our home, we already had a fridge and this one was in the house so my husband said, “let’s put it in the hallway till our nephew gets married shortly and he might be able to use it.”  Well, that shortly turned into many, many years.  I guess I have to give it a little credit though, it was used as a cupboard, holding many cans of food.  But, enough was enough and when my sister said she was coming up to visit and I strongly stated the fact that I would like the monster out of my home, she said they would bring their heavy-duty dolly and help remove monster from his lovely little spot in the middle of our entryway.  Monster also had a covering on the bottom, hiding the big hole.   Now, monster is happily living out back in our shop.

IMG_6206  IMG_6207

I went to Utah this past week to spend the 4th of July with my youngest daughter and my family.  We had a terrific time and a very adventurous time with exploding fire works and a pouring down rain with lightening picnic.  While I was there, my daughter called me and told me to get on KSL Classified and check out a table she had found that she thought I might like to put in my entryway.  By accident, I typed in the wrong thing and up popped an oak chest that I fell in love with immediately and just knew I had to have it.  I called the guy that was selling it and he stated that a gentleman was coming at 10am to look at it.  I felt bad, but I knew I just had to have it and I asked if I could make an earlier appointment, which he agreed to.  He said it cost him over $800 and he was selling it for $150.  When I got to his home and he opened his garage to show it to me….SOLD.  That baby was MINE!  Now I have an entryway that I just love.  Besides the oak chest, I am going to hang family pictures on the wall above it.  Happy Dance for me!

IMG_6176

IMG_6177

I decided to put a rug in front of the chest……now it’s decision time…..do I like the rug or…………..?

IMG_6192

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad we got the fridge out for you. The chest looks MUCH BETTER. We do good work. The next time you need something removed just let us know. ha ha Max

Bridget and Ellyn said...

That is beautiful. How did that huge monster ever fit there?

rudi48 said...

I like it rug-less. jm

Anonymous said...

That's absolutely beautiful and so glad you were able to get there with that earlier appointment! Darla