Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Tiger Lily In Bloom and Marigolds

Wow…..amid the heat and shortage of much-needed rain, sprouts a tiger lily.  I haven’t seen this tiger lily bloom for quite a few years.  We have a fairly large patch of lilies that haven’t bloomed but tucked off to the side under a lilac bush and another tree, these lilies have decided to bloom.  I first noticed them yesterday while I was out watering the lawn.  The sun was a bit too bright and I decided not to take a picture at that time because I thought the sun would wash out the picture.  First thing this morning when I got out of bed, I headed for the lily patch to get a picture of the gorgeous lily I had seen the previous day.  Ah, feeling bad I didn’t get the picture because in it’s place was a wilted, dead lily.  When I came in the house and looked out the window a few hours later, two different lilies had bloomed………….that was fast!  It’s strange how just this one stalk from my lily bed has decided to bloom.  Good enough for a few pictures.

IMG_6357

IMG_6358

IMG_6360

In my front flower bed I have a planter containing marigolds.  I’ve never really had marigolds before because of their smell.  Although pretty, I think they are one of the stinkiest (I know, not a real word, but hey, it fits) flowers.  So, just look at how pretty a marigold is, without considering their smell.

IMG_6356

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor little merigold. You probably hurt its feelings saying they are stinky. Even so they are pretty. Your lily looks pretty. Max

Anonymous said...

Lovely shot! I used to think that they smelled bad but now I love them!

Darla