Thursday, June 27, 2013

4-Wheeling Up Pass Creek Canyon

My sister and her husband came for a visit and our plans were to go 4-wheeling.  On Friday, June 21st, I thought I’d better start my 4-wheeler to make sure it would run since we were planning on going 4-wheeling on Saturday.  We started up the 4-wheelers and went riding around our property.  My 4-wheeler just didn’t want to run and almost every time I stopped it would die unless I kept pushing the throttle and giving it a little gas.

IMG_5932

I called the repair station in Arco to see if they had time to get my 4-wheeler in to check it out since we would be riding the next day.  They said they were quite busy and didn’t think they could fit me into their schedule but to try adding a couple of additives to the gas tank and see if it would make a difference.  If not, give them a call back and they would see what they could do.  After riding around for quite awhile, my 4-wheeler was still giving me fits so I called them back and they said one of their mechanics was headed within 5 miles of my place and they would stop in and check it out.  When he arrived, he turned on the key, flipped the choke, and walla…………..my wheeler was running great.  HOW EMBARRASSING – when I had started my wheeler earlier that day, I didn’t push the choke all the way back to it’s normal position, causing my wheeler not to run correctly.  Embarrassing, but hey, tomorrow we would be off having fun.

My daughter and her husband came up Friday night to spend the weekend and wanted to go 4-wheeling with us.  It was quite cold and windy so we didn’t head out till almost noon.  We packed a lunch, our face masks to diffuse the dust and dirt and off we went, heading up Pass Creek.  The nice thing about living where we do, we didn’t even need a trailer to haul our 4-wheelers to get to Pass Creek.  We just ride our wheelers in the bar-pit/barrow pit along side the main road.  We stopped off at the first picnic spot we came to and ate lunch.

IMG_5937-001

IMG_5934

IMG_5939

IMG_5940

After eating, we packed up and headed for Bear Creek.  It’s not a long drive but a beautiful one.

IMG_5944

IMG_5951

IMG_5943

IMG_5946

IMG_5949

IMG_20130622_133240

After posing for a few pictures, we headed up to Loristica.  This is a beautiful place, higher up, where they usually have girls camp.  Nice, beautiful place.

IMG_5953

IMG_5955

IMG_3583

IMG_3579

Four and a half hours later, we arrived back at my home.  You bet…if you want to make this girl happy, just give her a 4-wheeler, head in any direction, and start exploring!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was a great day. Nothing like being out in nature especially family. Max

Seth and Natalie said...

The face masks are hilariously funny! A really good idea, but they just make me laugh. I end up riding about a mile behind everyone (or try and stay in front) because I hate eating dust. What a fun ride you went on, I've only made it in a truck.

Amber Sayer Walker said...

Soooooooooooo fun! Let's do it again!