Friday, July 26, 2013

My Little Hummingbirds/Hummers

I just love watching hummingbirds.  They are so fun to watch, flitting here, there and everywhere.  The flit so fast that you can actually hear them as they zoom past your head and around the feeders.  They are constantly fighting over their feeders.  The last few days, I’ve been making their nectar a lot.  We started out with only two hummers and now we are up to eight.  I have three feeders placed around our home and yard and it still seems like they all want the same feeder at the same time.  Sometimes, they actually seem to tolerate each other and many of them feed on one feeder at the same time.  While taking this video, it was one of the mornings they were some-what getting along.

.

IMG_6382

IMG_6382-002

IMG_6365

IMG_6286

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love hummers. I especially like them up at our cabin. You can stand right next to the feeder and they will come within inches of you. We sit out back and watch ours in the evening. Cute little fellows. Max

Anonymous said...

I lone it I wish I could get that many. now one chase them off.... Janis...