Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Sun Valley, Idaho

Both my daughters, my daughters husband and my sister came to visit my husband and I last weekend.  It was a nice visit but a little too short for me.  I really enjoy it when we all can get together at the same time.  My daughters husband has never been to Sun Valley before so we decided to venture out, head over the mountain and show him what Sun Valley was all about.  The pass was open, enabling us to go over the mountain instead of around, making the trip much shorter.  I think it just took a little over an hour to get there.  I didn’t take too many pictures of Sun Valley because, well, let’s just say that my family is not nearly as excited about my picture taking as I am.  In the following picture, I stopped by a garbage can (circled in red) to take a picture of the cutest little birds trying to get food out of the garbage can.  I turned around to see where my family was and they had just kept walking and were quite a ways off so I decided to forgo the picture of the birds.  As I was walking to catch up with my family, I turned around and snapped a picture of the building.  I decided that I’d better just keep my pictures of objects that didn’t move so I wouldn’t get left behind.
Capture
IMG_5588
IMG_5589
In one of the buildings we were in, I decided to go to the restroom.  When I got inside, I just had to take a picture of one of the stalls.  Each stall had it own beautiful, wooden door and each stall was small, but totally lined in marble.  What a throne, eh?
IMG_5584
On the way back over the mountain, headed for home, we decided to stop off and see Big Falls.  The hike to Big Falls is approximately 5 minutes.  If you didn’t know it existed, you would never know it was there because from the road you cannot see any water at all.  When we got to the point where you make the curve to see the falls, the water was too high so we were unable to cross and see Big Falls but I took a few pictures of the place where we had to stop.  Nature….ah, just love it!
IMG_5593
IMG_5595
IMG_5594
IMG_5597
IMG_5605

1 comment:

Seth and Natalie said...

I like going over the mountain for a nice dinner and thrift shopping. Did you even stop in the gold mine? I haven't been to big falls in forever, and I actually took the wrong trail. How easy is this hike? Easy enough for a 4 year old?