Friday, June 21, 2013

Frozen Garden

Got up yesterday, looked out the window and thought….NO!  Not again!  If you look on the lawn, you can see that in the shaded area there is a thick covering of frost on the ground.

IMG_5914

I went around back of our home to my husbands garden spot and my suspicions were immediately confirmed.  Once again, our garden took its toll, frost destroying all my husbands hard work.  FROZEN!  Agh-h-h-h-h…..talk about frustrating.  Just a few nights before he had covered the entire garden with straw hoping to avoid this disaster.  It froze all the broccoli, cauliflower, potatoes, corn, and beans.  So far, it looks like the peas, beets, spinach and lettuce might have survived.  My husband grows a huge garden and we’re talking a lot of frozen loss.  Sad.

IMG_5916

IMG_5917

IMG_5918

IMG_5919

IMG_5920

IMG_5922

3 comments:

Bridget and Ellyn said...

UGH! I hope you are able to salvage some of it.

Seth and Natalie said...

That frost was such a bummer! I just had a feeling it was going to freeze, maybe because it was 40 degrees at dinner time, so I got most of my garden covered. My beans are still pretty sad looking though.

Amber Sayer Walker said...

Poor Dad! He tries so hard and gets hosed! :c( Grrr....