Friday, April 19, 2013

Windy, Windy Day!

Last Saturday, April 13, 2013, my husband and I traveled to Idaho Falls for a temple assignment.  While there, we also went to Rigby to visit my daughter and her husband.  We had a very nice visit.  Love to visit with family!  The winds were terrible all day long and on our way home, we were coming along a road where the winds were blowing dirt and it pitted the front window of my new-to-me, 2006 Ford Explorer.  We purchased the Explorer last November while on a trip to Utah.  Winds – Agh-h-h-h-h-h!  We only use the Explorer for long distance travels and I’ve really taken great care of it.  It really upset me that the dirt pitted the entire windshield.  Oh well, I guess things could have been worse and as the old saying goes: LIFE HAPPENS!

IMG_4702

As we were getting closer to home, and not much traffic on the road, I took some pictures of all the dirt/dust blowing across the road to show you just how windy it was.  From the sounds of it and from talking to other people, it seems like the wind was blowing everywhere.  At least from Idaho to Utah.

IMG_5290

IMG_5289

3 comments:

Amber Sayer Walker said...

Wow! That IS a lot of dirt! Sorry about your windshield!

Mady said...

The wind was very insane I can't even tell you how much it hurt for me to be walking in it. But looking at your pictures, it makes it look beautiful at the same time. Amazing how that works isn't?

rudi48 said...

Sorry about the damage - such a bummer. jm