Saturday, April 6, 2013

Robin Catching Worms

Thursday afternoon, this robin was hopping all over our lawn getting its fill of worms.  It was so interesting to watch.  He/she would run a few steps, cock its head to the side listening, then wap….the beak went in the ground and I’m sure the little worm didn’t have a clue what hit him.  The robin tugged backwards and out would come the worm.  I was sitting on the porch taking pictures and he/she didn’t seem to care if I was there or not cause it actually got pretty close to me.  Today there have been more robins on our yard hunting worms.  I didn’t realize that robins were such good worm catchers.  It’s a good thing cause our yard seems to have lots of worm lumps this year.  I actually got a video that I was going to post along with the pictures but I seemed to have accidentally deleted it – oops.  If you look close enough, you can see blades of grass that are starting to green up – Wahoo!

IMG_5248

IMG_5247

IMG_5249

1 comment:

Seth and Natalie said...

I love seeing robins, it's such a sign of spring! I guess that guy spread the word to all the other birds that the Sayer's yard is the place to be!