Saturday, April 20, 2013

Title 1 Conference

On the 10th of April, I traveled to Boise with a good friend to attend a Title I conference, for the school.  It was definitely a lot of sit time.  Classes started early in the morning and went till 4-4:30 p.m.  I can say, however, I did learn a lot and it was worth sitting all those hours.  We attended classes for two days.  We stayed at a hotel called The Grove, on the 13th (my lucky number….got married on Friday the 13Th) floor.  It was a nice hotel that also had a dining area and a shoe shining place. 

IMG_5280

Looking out the window………way too much for me.  As the saying goes…you can take the girl out of the country but you can’t take the country out of the girl.  Or…..nice place to visit but I wouldn’t want to live there. 

IMG_5263

IMG_5264

IMG_5262

IMG_5275

After the first day was over, we decided to head out to eat.  Here is a picture of the Capital Building as we were driving by.

IMG_5271

Here’s where it got GOOD!  LaRue asked me if I’d ever been to the Cheesecake Factory.  I’ve never been there so off we went.  She said it was a bit pricy but how often do you get to go out and eat somewhere different.  We decided to share everything, except the cheesecake.  They brought us extra plates so we could serve ourselves off of the main dish, since we were sharing.  We both like zucchini so we ordered a side of fried zucchini ($4.95) and we both love shrimp so we ordered bistro shrimp pasta ($17.95) and, of course, CHEESECAKE ($6.95 per slice).  Even with sharing, we couldn’t eat everything and we had enough left-overs to bring another whole serving back to our hotel….and we didn’t even touch our cheesecake.  We figured we’d eat it for breakfast the next morning or between classes.

IMG_5272

Where we still had classes to attend the next day, we opted to have a late checkout so we wouldn’t be so rushed the next day.  In the morning we got up and packed everything to the car except the cheesecakes….knowing we had the late checkout and we could come back to the room during our break time and eat it.  We did, however snitch a bite or two before leaving for classes.  During our break, we headed back to our rooms only to find the maid had been there and cleaned everything, including disposing of our cheesecakes.  My, my, my how I wanted that cheesecake!  We talked to the front desk and explained what had happened and they gave us each a $10 bill for our troubles.  Sure the $10 was great but my mouth was telling me how delicious the cheesecake was or could have been.  All-in-all, it was a great weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds Like You Had A Nice Time. Now I Know What Boise Looks Like...Janis...