Wednesday, June 6, 2012

What Season Is It?

Summer, Winter, Spring, or Fall................can anyone please tell me what season we are actually in.  When I got up this morning and looked out the window, it wasn't the beauty of spring that you'd expect to see, but it was an inch of snow...ice snow...crusted ice crystals...I don't know what to call it.  It was like a slushy ice, very heavy with lots of moisture.


This is what was on my car....heavy, slushy snow.

Good thing I brought all my plants inside last night or I'm afraid I would have lost them all.  I actually have 3 more big plants that didn't get in the shot.  I actually left them in the house all day because according to the weather reports, it is supposed to freeze again tonight.

But all-in-all, it turned out to be a pretty good day.  I picked up my friend and took her to Arco for lunch.  We went to the Golden West Cafe  We selected different items off the menu and both were pretty good.  After I dropped her off at her home. I took the back roads home in hopes of getting some photos.  Didn't see too much but I did find some pretty, little white flowers/weeds, and a beautiful, Western Tanager.  Western Tanagers are one of my favorite birds, which I don't get the opportunity of seeing too often.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those Tanager's are one of my favorite birds also. The last time we were at your place there were quite a few of them. Your planters look pretty.

Seth and Natalie said...

We have had so many warm days that I can deal with the cold ones. They still make me sad and house bound though.
Beautiful pictures, I like the blurry background on your bird. He just pops!

Amber Sayer Walker said...

Nice pics, Mom! We didn't get snow, but we got hail for a while here.