Saturday, June 9, 2012

Bridal Wreath Spirea

Our Bridal Wreath Spirea, that runs along our driveway winter killed this year.  These bushes have been along this driveway before I married into the family and I have been here since 1980.  They have been a beautiful bush which have flowered heavily each year in June.  The first picture is how they most usually look (a borrowed picture from the Internet) and the other pictures are how the bushes look now.  We have one little spot that flowed a little but there are lots of dead branches among the green.  Oh, breaks my heart that something which brings such beauty every Spring could be gone from our landscape.  Upon talking to other people in the valley, they have also reported losing lots of their landscape, including mature trees.  I don't know if it had something to do with such a mild winter with not much snow or what, but I do know how much it saddened my heart.



3 comments:

Amber Sayer Walker said...

Ugh. That makes me sad. You should plant more or try planting burning bushes there.

Anonymous said...

Where there is a little green here and maybe you can salvage some of it if you water it and give it some TLC? Weird weather. We just went out and covered our tomatoes. Max

Seth and Natalie said...

I actually noticed those dead bushes and wondered what was going on in your otherwise green yard. Maybe they'll come back! resurrection!