Saturday, June 2, 2012

Mackay Reservoir - Mackay Mine Hill - & Target Practice

This blog has a lot of pictures, but actually, not nearly as many as I took of our daily adventure.  Wednesday, May 30, 2012, Amber (daughter), Corey (son-in-law), Mike (Corey's dad), and Nelwyn (Corey's step-mother), came to visit my husband and I and to see where Amber grew up.  It was a wonderful day.  We took them on the grand tour of what we could for what little time we had.  Our first stop was the reservoir.  I was standing on top when I took this picture below the dam....so pretty and green.
After seeing the reservoir and below the dam, we wanted to go up the mine hill but first, we stopped off at Burger Time (a local drive-in) and had some hamburgers, fries, and drinks.  Pretty good food.  The mine hill was also pretty and green with a few traces of snow here and there. These first three pictures are of the aerial tramway 



And this picture is still at the aerial tramway site.  My daughter, her mother-in-law, and myself climbed up the hill to see what was on top while the boys stayed at the bottom to discuss... you know...men things, whatever that might be.

This is a picture of our little town that was taken on the way up the mine hill.

The next three pictures are remnants of homes that the miners lived in.  While looking at these homes, you can't help but wonder who lived in these little homes, did they have families, etc.  It is so beautiful up here that I actually don't think it would be a bad place to live.......except for winter... don't want to go there.


 

This photo was taken near the top by one of the old homesteads.  Ah-h-h-h-h, so pretty!

On the way down when we came to a clearing, I decided to take another picture of our little town nestled in the valley.  Home, sweet, home.

When we got down off the mountain, we decided to go target shooting.  I hadn't been target shooting since I was a teenager and went out shooting with my dad.  I literally grew up with guns and my dad taught gun smithing at a near by college in Prove, Utah.

Here is a picture of the hubby taking his aim.

And, here is daughter, sitting down to take her best shot.

And this is Nelwyn, Amber's mother-in-law, taking it all in.  It was sure nice getting to know Corey's parents.....very nice people.  The conversation was very easy and it was like we'd know them for years.

2 comments:

Bridget and Ellyn said...

Mackay is so beautiful. We need to come visit.

Anonymous said...

These pictures all look familiar. Could it be that I have seen them in person. They look just like the last ones we took ha ha ha. Looks like a fun day. Max