Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Passcreek/Loristica 4-Wheeler Adventure

Saturday, June 23, 2012, my sister, her husband, my husband, and I all went for a 4-wheeler ride.  We were trying to make up our other minds as to whether to head up the mine hill or go the Passcreek way.  Eventually, we decided to head up Passcreek.  Either way, from our home you can basically go in any direction you want without having to load the 4-wheelers on a trailer.  Everything was so beautiful and green.  We decided that our first stop would be Loristica, a place that is used a lot for girls camp.  These first two pictures are a few shots of the way up the mountain.


Here we are at Loristica, nestled right in the middle of the pines.  You can see why it would be used for girls camp.  In the center is a huge meadow and all around it is camping sites.  It even has restrooms.  It's a pretty nice place.

This is a camp site at Loristica where we stopped to have our lunch.  See the blue 4-wheeler, in the shadows.......well, that's my new toy that used to be my dads. 

This is another pretty place I spotted as we were headed down the mountain.  With the water though, I'm sure as the month goes on, it will be a nice breeding place for mosquitoes - YUCK!

About midway down passcreek, there is a turnoff called Bear Creek.  It was also a pretty drive.  You see much more from a 4-wheeler than you do when you are in a vehicle.

These butterflies were flying all over the place.  I've never been able to get a picture of a butterfly before - wahoo......my first.  Now, don't somebody comment and tell me they are moths and not butterflies...................cause no matter what they are, they are still butterflies, to me!

These next two picture are towards the bottom of the trail, our ride is almost over.....sad.  I enjoy this day very much.


These cactus were just out of the mouth of the canyon.  How can anything so pretty be so deceiving and hurtful.  Mmm-m-m-m, have to think on that one for a moment.  That comment could go many, many ways.

1 comment:

rudi48 said...

Marsha, they are Monarch butterflies...you can see them up on the Mine Hill this time of year too - they are on their migration from Mexico or southern California north. jm