Monday, June 11, 2012

Peony's

Peony's are such a beautiful flower.  As I pulled into my driveway this morning, after going for a 3-mile walk, I was greeted by my beautiful peony's.  I have red peony's and white peony's but the white ones have not bloomed, yet.  They always bloom 1-2 weeks later than the red ones.   In China the Peony is known as the "Fuguihua"......The flower of riches and honor. It symbolizes wealth and distinction and is an emblem of love and affection. 



Every year, I cut a peony, put it in pretty, crystal bowl, and float it.  Each peony I float in my crystal bowl usually lasts about a week.  Floating in the bowl keeps it together so it can't fall apart.  It's so pretty to look at each day.  It brings a bit of beauty and aweness to my world each morning.


No comments: