Thursday, December 1, 2011

Over The Fence

Last night as I pulled into the driveway, this little guy went bounding around to the other side of the house.  I got out of the car and very quietly, crept around the house, hoping he would be there.  There he stood, looking me straight in the eyes from the other corner of the house.  I already had my camera ready for the shot and was able to get this one before he leaped across the fence.

Tonight when I came home, there were two does on the back yard.  As soon as I pulled into the driveway, they leaped over the fence and were on the run.  I didn't pay much attention to them because they were on the run and I knew I couldn't get a picture.  I turned the car off and just sat there a bit looking through the mail.  When I looked up from reading my mail, the two does were jumping back over the fence onto the yard.  One of the does came right over to the car and started eating.  My windshield was terribly dirty but I thought...why not try and see if I could get some good shots.

Here she is looking off to the left, with ears perked up like she heard something.

In this picture, you can see how close she is to my car, as you can see my dashboard and windshield wipers.  It was nice just observing her.  Seconds later, her ears went up and I looked into my rear-view mirror and noticed that my husband had pulled into the driveway.  Off she bounded, once again, never to return.  It was fun while it lasted.

No comments: