Friday, December 16, 2011

Does It Make You Wonder?

I should have posted this blog around Halloween time because what I am about to reveal should literally chill you to the bones.  It's sure put a scare in me!  I bought a package of hamburger buns in September when my daughter and her husband came home for the annual Home Town BBQ



With everything going on, we didn't get the chance to use the hamburger buns.  I put them in the bread drawer thinking we would use them later in the week.  I still didn't get around to using them and I noticed they still looked really good so I decided to keep them just to see how long it took before they started to mold.  Well, here we are, 3 MONTHS later, and the bag of hamburger buns still look pretty appetizing................good thing there's an expiration date on the bag.  Would you take a look at the date!  This package states that the buns are: Best By Sep/17/11.  Is this scary, or what!

I decided to take the buns out of the bag to see if I could actually find any mold on them.  Out of the eight buns in the bag, I could only find one that had started to mold and it was only a tiny spot on one corner of the bun.

WOW, does this tell you anything about what we are consuming, daily.  Makes you wonder how many preservatives are put in our foods.  Maybe that's why people are living much longer and the life expectancy is higher than in the past...........WE'RE ALL FULL OF PRESERVATIVES! - HA!  I love the name brand of these buns: WONDER.......Does it make you wonder?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i would say it makes you wonder whats in it ---janis

Mady said...

It is super scary isn't it? And that fact is part of the reason why I have to be so careful about what I eat! I get so sick.