Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Walking Glow Sticks

At Thanksgiving time I was asked to give a talk in church.  The topic, of course, was on gratitude/thankfulness for the things God has given to us.  That morning as I was putting on my nylons, right, you guessed it, I put a big hole in what I thought was my only pair.  Luckily after searching my dresser drawers, I found another pair.  Right there and then I thought about how thankful I was for nylons.  Being a red-head, nylons become very important when you realize how white your legs are without them.  Not a pretty picture.  Anyways, I mentioned that in my talk about how thankful I was for nylons and how they covered up my walking glow sticks (legs).  Well, tonight my husband and I went to the church for a ward Christmas dinner.  When I was walking out of the church a lady presented me with a bag and said a person had told her to give me the bag and it's contents but I couldn't open it till I got in the car.  Lookie, lookie what was in the bag.  Is this just too funny, or what?  If you can't tell from the picture, there are 4 pairs of nylons and a package of knee-hi's.  I love this persons sense of humor...........whomever it is? 

6 comments:

Mady said...

That is so awesome! It would have totally made my night!

Amber Sayer Walker said...

Ha ha! I want to know who they are from and where are mine? I'm a redhead, too! :c)

Seth and Natalie said...

As soon as I saw the name of your post I knew it was going to be about your legs :) I love this! Whoever it is is awesome and thoughtful.

Bridget and Ellyn said...

Love it!!

Anonymous said...

I love this too! What a fun and nice thing to do. Makes me want to go do something nice now... thanks for sharing! Tiff

Anonymous said...

Someone sure has a good sense of humor. Maybe you could have everyone in the ward write a note then match the hand writing. ha ha Max