Tuesday, October 24, 2017

November 2017 Visiting Teaching Handout

I've been looking and waiting for a week or so for the new visiting teaching message to come out on line so I could make my handout.  It finally dawned on me today.......there is no message this month.  The visiting teaching message for May and November are messages of choice, taken from General Conference talks.
Choosing a Conference talk is difficult for me as I tend to have more than one talk that I find I needed to hear and yet, choosing one that I think has a great message for everyone.
As I was reading through different talks, there was something from Elder Neil L. Andersons talk, The Voice of the Lord, that hit home with me. Elder Anderson stated that the First Presidency had told Elder Hales that he could give a brief message in the Sunday morning session if his health permitted it. While his health did not permit it, he prepared a message.
The part of the message from Elder Hales talk that Elder Anderson shared and the quote I chose to use for my handout, was this: "When we choose to have faith, we are prepared to stand in the presence of God."
Where November is Thanksgiving, I chose to use Elder Hales quote plus add in a touch of Thanksgiving.  It fit perfectly, reminding me that having Faith in God helps me to have gratitude in all things. There are days that I'm not as in tune with the Lord as I should be, and not being grateful for all that I have and showing gratitude, taking things for granted........I surely need to work on that!
I then went looking on the internet for quotes that incorporated the two subjects together.  Here are a few I found that I really liked:

1. Being grateful in our circumstances is an act of Faith in God. - President Dieter F. Uchtdorf

2. Gratitude is our sweet acknowledgement of the Lord's hand in our lives. It is an expression of our Faith. - Bonnie D. Parkin

3. Gratitude is deeper than thanks...Thankfulness may consist merely of words.  Gratitude is shown in acts. - David O. McKay.

4. The greatest test of faith is when you don't get what you want, but still you are able to say...."Thank You Lord." - John Hagee??

4 comments:

Barb said...

Hi Marsha~

I love your handout - the graphics of the little pilgrim people are just adorable, but, I especially love the quote from, Elder Hales. What a wonderful and faithful man he was, and I'm sure he was ready to stand in the presence of God. He will be missed by all. The other quotes were wonderful as well, I have always loved, President McKay, he was the Prophet of my childhood, and I adored him. Thank you for sharing your handout, I love to share it as well.

Have a great Wednesday!

Hugs and Love,
Barb

LeAnn said...

Thank you so much for these marvelous quotes. I loved them all. I especially loved your handout quote and graphic. I loved Elder Hales and indeed he had deep faith and I am sure stood in the presense of God that lovely Sabbath Day when he passed.
I will share this one and for sure make some graphics myself for some of these other ones.
Sending loving thoughts and hugs your way!
LeAnn

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

Adorable handout.
You are a dedicated Visiting Teacher.
I love this quote.

I was looking at your previous post and thought your entryway decor was adorable.
I look forward to seeing what you do with Thanksgiving.

Anonymous said...

Greetings! I've been following your weblog for a while now and finally got the courage to go ahead and give you a shout out from Austin Tx!
Just wanted to tell you keep up the excellent work!