Saturday, October 21, 2017

New Pressure Tank

Once again, we had water problems, but this time it only lasted one day.  As I was standing at the kitchen sink on October 12th, I noticed that our water pressure was very low and then...........NO WATER.
Thankfully, I filled a pitcher of water before it totally gave out, giving us some drinking water.  We also have water storage, which gave us enough water to fill ice cream buckets to dump in the toilet bowl to make it flush and enough water to sit a large container on our vanity to use for washing our hands.
But looking on the bright side, it wasn't nearly the disaster that we had back in November of 2015.  That is something I don't think I would like to do again!  Did I say, "DON'T THINK I Would Like To Do Again!".......I meant, I WOULD NEVER LIKE TO DO AGAIN!
We had our local area "pressure tank fixers" come to our home the next day to look over our situation and they found that the mag on the pressure switch had blown and we also had a leak in the pressure tank.  We decided to get a new, bigger tank, while we were at it because it would cut down on the amount of times the tank would kick our pump off and on. 
They band-aid, fixed the problem so we would have water to use until they returned with the new tank.  They came back within a few days and here we are back to normal, as normal as normal gets for us, and things are good.
 
 

Through the entire process, we only had one, slight mishap and if that's all that occurred, I'll take it.  While trying to get our tractor close enough to the well house to lower the new pressure tank, the 2nd step on our cement stairs, leading to our back door got nicked with the tractor tire, leaving a 9-1/2" x 2-3/4" mark.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fun fun fun ha ha. I don't like water problems at all at our house but lucky it wasn't as bad as your last one...Max

LeAnn said...

Wow, I am happy you didn't have a long term moment without water. I am happy they could get it taken care off. Sorry, about the cement stair that got nicked.
Blessings and hugs!

Barb said...

Hi Marsha~

It sure was fun to see your blog pop up on my computer today!!

Oh my goodness, I hate water problems! It's never fun to have the pressure tank go out, and isn't it amazing how much water we can do WITHOUT! So sorry about your step! A few years ago, we had a hand pump put on our well, so hopefully, we won't have to worry about not having water, unless of course the well goes dry! We just replaced our water heater a few months ago, if it's not one thing it's another!! So glad you got it fixed quickly!

Hugs and Love,
Barb