Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Time Out For Women - 2017

Each year, it has become a tradition that my two daughters, my sister, and I attend Time Out For Women.  With the exception of missing one year, we have attended five TOFW programs.  To give you a little insight about TOFW, I went to their web page and retrieved the following information: For 15 years, Time Out for Women has been inviting faithful women to step away from the daily routine and make space for themselves and their spiritual lives. What started as an inspirational weekend event full of music, cheering, presenters, friends, and laughter has grown into a worldwide community of like-minded women seeking good. Whether they connect through TOFW.com or at a local event, TOFW women are choosing to be uplifted, reenergized, educated, entertained, and inspired with thousands of women all over the world.
The past three years we have traveled to Layton, Utah, whereas before, we were attending in Idaho Falls.  Each Time Out For Women is fabulous but because of the places being held, we all prefer attending in Layton.  The venue (Davis Conference Center) is much bigger so there is more room to walk around plus the seating has a lot more leg room.  We book a hotel (Holiday Inn Express) within walking distance to everything.
This year (February 17th - 18th), we left much earlier to reach our destination.  We left early enough that we could attend a session in the Ogden Temple.....A perfect way to start our uplifting journey.  I took pictures but it was an overcast, windy day and my photos did not turn out too good so I found the following picture on the lds.org site.
After leaving the temple, we drove to our hotel.  Upon entering our room, we were greeted with cute, little towel animals sitting on our beds.
We had a surprise Christmas party for my youngest daughter.  She was really sick at Christmas time and was unable to come home for Christmas or have Christmas with any of the family.  I also had a stocking for each of us.  Fun!
After celebrating Christmas, we changed our clothes, then walked to Marie Calendars to get something to eat before attending the evening session that went from 6:30pm till 9:30pm. While there, we had someone take our picture but they didn't know how to use my camera so all of the pictures were blurry.  This is the best one out of the 4 she took.
The evening presenter were fabulous.  You get so involved in what they have to say/sing that before you know it, it is over.
During intermission, they have a place set up where you can purchase CD's, books, clothing, etc.  There's lots to buy, but there are also lots and lots of women. 
I immediately made my purchase.....and missed having to stand in a long line.  And yes, this CD is fabulous!
On the second day (February 18th), we got up early, ate breakfast, packed our bags, loaded the car, then walked across the street to attend the program, which started at 9am.   We arrived fairly early but not nearly as early as others.  The hallways were already jam packed with women....women everywhere, wanting to attend this session.
Just a little humor here.....When you have this many women, gathered together in one location, the need for bathroom time is critical - ha!  To make accommodations, the men restrooms are converted into women restrooms.  All the stalls were there for use, but the urinals were converted into planters.
The Saturday presenters were just as fabulous as the Friday evening presenters.  
To wrap up the entire weekend of TOFW, I'll run through the list of information that was written in the beginning of this blog.
If you would like to see our previous years of TOFW, you can click on the following years......2012 - 2013 - 2015 - 2016. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good blog reminding me of our neat weekend. It was a great break from our everyday routine. Already looking forward to next year...Max

LeAnn said...

I loved this one because it reminded me of my own experience as TOFW. My two daughter in laws and granddaughter came down around my birthday and we went to it in Sandy. It was fabulous. We laughted, cried and just enjoy every moment. They of course, did the same thing with the bathrooms.
I think it is awesome that you have made this a tradition. I would love to get all my daughters and daughter in laws to come and go. Right now my three daughters live too far away; maybe someday. I loved that you celebrated Christmas with your daughter that couldn't come; so sweet.
Blessings and hugs~

Anonymous said...

Hi Marsha!

TOFW! I always tell myself that next year I will go, it looks like so much fun! I always love it when I go to something like that and just bask in the Spirit with wonderful like minded people.

Have a great week!

Hugs,
Barb