Friday, March 29, 2013

Time Out For Women - 2013

This past weekend, I had the privilege of attending Time Out For Women.  It was a two-day event full of inspirational messages and music, held at the Idaho Falls Civic Auditorium.  I met my sister and my two daughters in Idaho Falls earlier in the day where we had time to eat, do a little shopping and get our hotel room before going to the Friday, evening program.  We stayed at the Le Ritz…..same as last year.  Last year it was a wonderful place to stay but this year we ran into a few difficulties.  They were very accommodating, resulting in a $59 refund – Yeah!  I do have to say, they do have a nice continental breakfast.  All-in-all, it was totally a wonderful weekend.
Picture of our hotel:
Le Ritz.
The theme of the event was “Higher” – reminding everyone attending to THINK HIGHER about our purpose, BELIEVE HIGHER as we face challenges, and LIVE HIGHER as we choose between good, better, and best.
Higher Symbol
Friday Program:  These men were very good speakers and Michael McLean entertained us with his wonderful music.
TOFW Friday Program
Saturday Program:  These speakers were fantastic.  One minute you were crying and the next, laughing…I mean, really laughing.  My favorite speakers were Mariama Kallon and Kris Belcher.  And what a WOW moment to hear Hilary Weeks sing. 
TOFW Sturday Program

IMG_5187

The place was totally packed, a sell-out crowd.  The lines were double wide, running down and around many corners.  There is seating on the main floor and in the balcony.  We love sitting in the balcony where you don’t have to look over, around, or in-between heads.
IMG_5181

IMG_5208

IMG_5222

Upon arriving Saturday morning, each lady was given a tote bag to put their items in.  It was a nice tote bag with lots of pockets.
Tote Bag

If you chose to do so, which we did, you could eat lunch there which consisted of a chicken salad sandwich, a pickle spear, bottled water, chips, and a huge mint brownie.  Mmmm-m-m-m! 
And to top it off, if you want to re-live the moments of aweness and laughter, you can purchase a DVD of the program.  Yes indeed, I intend on going to the Desert Book site and ordering the DVD.
Higher DVD
After the program was over Saturday evening, we drove to my oldest daughters home where we sat around and talked, watched a few episodes of Studio C on the BYU channel, and played games.  The next morning, we attended church at my oldest daughters ward.  My youngest daughter and my sister left after Sacrament meeting so they could get on the road for their long drive back to Utah.  After church, we had lunch, talked, and then I headed home.  A Wonderful Weekend!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with everything you wrote. It was a wonderful weekend and I am very happy that I was able to share it with you and the girls..Max

Anonymous said...

sounds like you had a wonderful time. Im glad you all got to spend a time out for women.---Janis--