Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Time Out For Women – 2016 – Layton Utah

I spent my Friday and Saturday at Layton, Utah, this past weekend,  at the Davis Conference Center with my sister and two daughters.  We attended “Time Out For Women”……..an event full of laughter, tears, music, cheering,  entertainment, and inspiration.  The conference center is packed full of women, and it is all GOOD.  I think the male species would even enjoy being there. 
We have attended these events for four years……….2012, 2013, (skipped 2014 – grandbaby) 2015, and 2016.  We attended 2012, and 2013 in Idaho Falls and the past two years we’ve traveled to Layton, Utah.  The entire event, including our hotel room cost each of us $99……money well worth spent.  We did, however, buy our evening meal the night before, breakfast was provided by the hotel then we purchased our lunch the following day for the cost of $10 at the conference center.  We got a sandwich or salad that included a cookie, potato chips and a drink.
Every single presenter was absolutely exceptional.  These were the presenters:

Mary Cook

Hilary Weeks

Michael McLean

Alissa Parker.best

Mercy River

image

Sandra Turley

Brad Wilcox

Laurel C. Day

Our Friday evening and Saturday schedule:

TOFW Schedule

Theme for this year:

image

As long as I am able and conditions allow, I will try to attend at least one of these events each year.  They are held all over the United States……2016 tour schedule:

image

If opportunity knocks on your door and you get the chance to attend one of these events, TAKE IT!

US

5 comments:

LeAnn said...

I love the final photo of you all. I have never been to one of these events. I want to do this for sure sometime. Maybe after the mission I can get Barb and her daughter who is my daughter in law to come to the one in Layton and we could join you there. It has been a big dream for years to get all of my daughters to this event and or Women's conference.
Thanks for sharing this sweet moment with your family. Hugs~

Barb said...

Hi Marsha!

How fun! I have never been to TOFW, even when it was in IF. Like you, that was a baby year! It looks like there were all great speakers, and I love, Mercy River. I'm so glad you had that opportunity to go with your daughters and sister, they are beautiful, just like their mama... :0)

Hugs.
Barb

Deb J. in Utah said...

I love Time Out for Women! I went to the Phoenix event a couple of years a few years back. Haven't been lately. BYU Women's Conference is also great. You have inspired me, maybe I will make plans to go. Thanks for including this year's TOFW schedule!

Anonymous said...

It was a wonderful weekend. I am so glad I was able to go again this year with you and the girls. I am already looking forward to next year..Max.....your sister. Ha ha as if you did not know who I was

daiseedeb said...

I'm so glad you have this happy tradition! How wonderful! And the pic of you four is awesome. WHat a cute bunch!