Saturday, August 27, 2016

Dive-Bombing Barn Swallows

This little barn swallow looks so sweet and innocent.  Well, I’m here to tell you it’s not.  We have the parents and about 5-6 young ones that dive-bomb every time I go out the door.  I’ve never seen them dive-bomb humans before…..until this year.  They usually just go for the magpies but this year they have taken on humans and cats.  They sit on the wires right next to our home…....waiting..….just sitting and waiting for me to step out the door…….then swoosh…….silly birds.

IMG_3180-001

3 comments:

Barb said...

Hi Marsha!

Eeeekkkk!! I love birds, but not when they attack me! Hopefully her little ones will hurry and leave the nest.

Gorgeous photo of that beautiful dive bomber!

Hugs,
Barb

Anonymous said...

How can something so pretty be so mean to you. You will have to get some head gear for protection....Max

LeAnn said...

Oh, I don't understand this one. it looks like such a beautiful bird. Hope you stay protected. This is a great picture of this little trouble maker. Blessings and hugs!