Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Cupcake Roses

A month or so ago, I was looking on google images trying to find some graphics to use in my posters and handouts.  In my searching, I happened to come across a cupcake that looked like it had a rose sitting on the top of it.  I thought it was so unique and pretty so I started searching YouTube until I found out how to make them…..

image

From watching and seeing that this was certainly a possibility for me, I hopped on over to E-Bay to find the Wilton 2D cake decorating tip. 
When it came time for me to decorate my cupcakes, I didn’t bother making the frosting, I just used a tub of Better Crocker, cherry flavored frosting.  I found that I could decorate 12 cupcakes using one tub of frosting.

IMG_3120

For the cupcakes, I used a boxed white cake mix.  To fill my cupcake liners, I put all my batter in a gallon Ziploc baggie, cut the bottom corner off, and pipe in the batter…..easy.  The combination of the white cake mix and the cherry frosting tastes really good.
Making these cupcakes turned out to be as simple as You Tubers were saying.  You can decorate each cupcake in 5 seconds, or less. 

IMG_3117

IMG_3114

 IMG_3111

IMG_3113

Give them a try…………..I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised how easy it really is making rose cupcakes.  They make a nice treat to share with family, friends and neighbors….looking look like you spent a lot of time in the kitchen and like you really know what you’re doing – Ha!

4 comments:

Seth and Natalie said...

Those are so beautiful! I feel a decorating class coming on...

daiseedeb said...

Those are so beautiful Marsha. You have a gift! ; )

LeAnn said...

Wow, these cupcakes looks spectacular and yummy! They look professionally done; sweet!
Blessings and hugs for sharing the idea! Now, I just need time to try it!

Barb said...

Hi Marsha!!

When does your decorating class begin??!! Those are beautiful, I am definitely going to try making them. I can't grow them, so I might as well make them, right?! Hope you are doing well, hopefully, I will make an appearance or two on my blog...hands are healing, slowly.

Hugs,
Barb

P.S. Thanks for sharing, love them!