Wednesday, March 2, 2016

St. Patrick’s Day Horseshoe Tree

I looked everywhere, trying to find some St. Patrick’s Day ornaments to hang on my horseshoe tree.  Besides looking, looking, and looking some more on the internet, I also looked in a few different stores.  Nothing, I was coming up with NOTHING.
I finally decided to make my own ornaments.  While in the Dollar Tree store, I came across some green foam and St. Patrick’s Day stickers.  The wheels started turning and I thought, hey, why not make a clover out of the green foam and add some stickers to it.  I came home with foam and stickers in hand, then went to work.  I went to Google images to find the shape of a shamrock, cut and pasted it in my word program, printed it out, then cut it out to use as a pattern.  After I had cut out 6 shamrocks, I added some stickers and green ribbon for hangers and voila, DONE…..and all for under $3.

IMG_2373

IMG_2379

The ribbon on top is the same one I used for my Christmas horseshoe tree and it isn’t quite the color or style of ribbon I want… but, until I get out of town again to find the right kind of ribbon, this one will have to do. 
Since St. Patrick’s Day and Easter are in the same month, I plan on hanging the St. Patrick’s Day ornaments until March 17th and then I will swap it out and hang egg ornaments on the tree for Easter. 

5 comments:

daiseedeb said...

Really cute Marsha!!!!

Deb J. in Utah said...

This is so creative and clever. I love it!

Barb said...

Hi Marsha!

So cute! I love St. Patrick's Day, and that is adorable. I love the idea of decorating it for every holiday, and you are so creative! I have really got to get hubby busy making some of these . . . I just love them!

Hugs,
Barb

P.S. Aren't you Irish?!

Anonymous said...

Aren't you the clever one? That is as cute as can be. Keep having fun with it..can't wait to see what you come up with next...Max

LeAnn said...

You are very creative. I love how you are changing the looks with the Holidays. This was a great idea and it looks adorable~ Blessings and hugs!