Monday, March 7, 2016

Determined Kitty

During this past summer, a mamma cat (which we didn’t know was a mamma cat at the time) just showed up at our home.  She was so wild that every time we opened the door, she would take off on a dead run.  Well, eventually, four little kittens showed up around the place and they were just as wild as the mamma.  I eventually tamed the mamma cat but the babies are playing hard-core and I’ve yet to pet one of the four kittens, but they are coming a lot closer when it’s feeding time.
Earlier this week as I was looking out our dining room window, I noticed one of the kittens crouched low with a very determined look on it’s face.
It is with that determined face that I watched this young kitten, very slowly, yet steadily, sneaking up on what I presumed to be a mouse. After snapping the above photo, I then switched my camera to video mode so I could catch the action………
 
And yes.......this is where, I ran out of disk space.  I ran to the other room to grab another disk, jammed it in my camera and headed back to the window.....just in time to see kitty running across the yard with a mouse.  I may have missed the action but I was so proud of the young kitten because that's one less mouse running around my yard.

4 comments:

Barb said...

Hi Marsha~

How adorable, I love cats. I love them outside. . .:0) The best cat I ever had was a stray, that just showed up at my house, we loved him! Google would not let me watch the video without permission . . . so maybe next time. But, YEAH, for that cute little guy for catching a mouse!!

Hugs,
Barb

Anonymous said...

Good job kitty. If the other three learn to catch like that one maybe they will control your mouse population..Max

Deb J. in Utah said...

We are cat people, so I love this post. We don't have any cats right now, but just last night, my husband was saying that he wants to get another kitten. In California, we tried to make pets of some abandoned stray cats and were never very successful at it. Glad that you have one less mouse around the house now! Have a great weekend.

LeAnn said...

The cat is really pretty. I loved the sneaky look on it's face and the video. I don't no if I would like watching it get the mouse; but I would want it to get the mouse. Through the years we have had some cats that were strays. Hugs~