Thursday, February 11, 2016

Horseshoe Holiday Tree

Well, it looks like my horseshoe Christmas tree………
IMG_2154

has turned into a horseshoe Valentine tree.  I found some fun Valentine floral picks at the Family Dollar store and turned them into ornaments.  The sticks were glued into the bottom of the lips and hearts and it was a bit difficult getting them out without destroying the bottoms.  I used a pair of cutting plyers and cut the stick off but there was also big blobs of hot glue I had to get off.  It did pull off some of the glittery pink and red but I just got out some paint and touched up the bottoms, and you can hardly tell.
IMG_2329

I’m thinking I will keep this horseshoe tree out and use it for a Holiday tree.  It will be fun trying to find ornaments for each month that will match the holiday for the month or if there isn’t a holiday in a certain month, I’ll try to find something fun to go with that month.  Like August, for instance…………hmmmm, what decorations can I use for August?!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks nice will be a good conversation piece with company...Max

Deb J. in Utah said...

That is SOOOO cute. Really. Did you make the horseshoe tree yourself? That will make you home look so festive year round! I love it!

Amber Sayer Walker said...

You could try going school-themed in August. Apples, etc.

LeAnn said...

What an adorable idea. I love both the Christmas and Valentine decorations. Please take pictures of each one. Have a sweet week end. Hugs for Valentines!

Barb said...

Hi Marsha!

Happy Valentines Week-end!! I love that horseshoe tree. I'm going to have my BIL make some for me this year. Your hearts and kissed look adorable hanging from it! I really like the idea of using it all year . . . so many fun ideas are already spinning in my brain!

Hugs,
Barb

daiseedeb said...

You are one crafty lady! Love it!

Anonymous said...

Have you ever considered writing an ebook or guest authoring on other blogs?
I have a blog based on the same ideas you discuss and would
really like to have you share some stories/information. I know my visitors would enjoy your
work. If you are even remotely interested, feel free to send me an e-mail.