Saturday, February 6, 2016

Grilled Cheese Sloppy Joes

I remembered reading a “grilled cheese sloppy joe” recipe a few weeks ago on the internet.  I thought it really sounded yummy but I could not remember where I had seen the article and I didn’t have it saved anywhere.  I decided to make them for lunch one day, deciding that it couldn’t be that difficult……
I started off by making my sloppy joe mix, using cooked hamburger and Manwich…easy enough.  Then I basically layered it just like you would a grilled cheese sandwich, adding the Manwich.  I placed one slice of bread on a paper plate and topped it with a cheese slice, Manwich, another slice of cheese and finally another piece of bread.  I buttered the top of the last piece of bread, put my little square griddle frying pan on top of the bread and holding the pan and paper plate, I flipped it over, put it on the stove and buttered the other side.

IMG_2313

When the bottom had browned, I carefully flipped it to the other side.

IMG_2317

After the cheese had melted and the other side was browned, it was time to eat – Yummy!

IMG_2318

With some added Cheetos on the side, this made an easy, delicious lunch.  We did find, that it was much easier to eat with a fork than our hands, however, it made a great lunch and something we will probably do again.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you use your hands then it is finger clicking GOOD...They look yummy I am going to have got try them....Max

Barb said...

Hi Marsha!

Yummo! That looks so good, my husband even thought we should try it, we both love Sloppy Joe's! A friend of mine always sprinkles Parmesan cheese over the butter before she grills . . . how tasty would that be with this sandwich?! '

Have a wonderful Sunday!

Hugs,
Barb

LeAnn said...

Yummy, I am happy to get this idea. I will try it when we have the missionaries for lunch.Blessings and hugs!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Yum! I am totally going to try this! We love both grilled cheese and sloppy joes in our family so this will be a hit! Thanks for the idea!