Saturday, October 10, 2015

Moose In Backyard And Jumping The Fence

On September 26th at 7:30am, my husband and I were outside watching moose.  We had 1 small bull, 1 large bull, 1 mamma and her twin babies.  As we were watching, the large bull moose plopped down and my husband was standing behind me and I heard him say, “Oh great, I was gonna go out and move wheel lines and he decides to park it”.


Shortly after taking the above video, my husband decided to go out and change the water anyways.  But, after cranking a few turns on the water valve, he decided it would be a good idea to go and get the 4-wheeler.
 

I didn't get a photo of all five moose together, but I did capture it on video, as the larger bull chased off the younger bull.


I know the moose are around our place quite a bit, but it is still fun to see them and take photos.




The next two videos were taken a few days later, on October 3rd.  As I was taking the first one and he turned towards me, he was getting a bit too close for comfort.


I knew he would be crossing the fence so I ran (walked fast) to the back door of our home, ran through the house and out the front door so I could film some footage.  I wasn't sure if I had the camera on record or not so I was pushing the button on and off but eventually I figured it out and was able to capture him jumping the fence. 
Before jumping the fence, he ran across the road, sandwiched himself between two cars who had stopped, one facing east and the other facing west.  One of the cars was from California and I can only imagine what they were thinking as this huge moose ran right in front of them.

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great information. Lucky me I discovered your site by accident (stumbleupon). I've saved as a facorite for later!

LeAnn said...

Wow, you such awesome pictures and videos of the Moose. I loved watching them. I think it is so awesome that you have this kind of wildlife in your own backyard. I guess it is important to be careful around them however. I really enjoyed the reading and watching on this post. Hugs~

Barb said...

Hi Marsha!

My word, that is one big moose!! I don't think a person could ever get tired of taking pictures of those beautiful animals, especially when they are in their own backyard . . . ;0) I love your videos!

They must have been hot, they seemed to love the sprinklers!

Thanks for sharing!

Hugs,
Barb