Monday, October 12, 2015

Deformed Bread

I like to make bread in my bread machine on the dough cycle.  When the dough cycle is over, I remove it from the bread machine, put it in my regular bread pan, let it raise, then bake it in the oven.
I have no idea what I did wrong, but when the dough cycle sounded, I took the mixture out of the machine and it was a total blob of yeasty, frothy, semi-liquidy dough.  I decided to add more flour and run the dough cycle one more time.
This time it came out pretty stiff and it was a little difficult to even shape it into a loaf.  This is the result of how it looked after putting it in my loaf pan and letting it raise.  I know…. pretty scary looking, huh?!

IMG_1836

I decided to bake it anyways and after baking it at 350 degrees for 25 minutes, it came out looking like this.

IMG_1838

Maybe it’s not the best looking loaf of bread but even though it came out all deformed, I’m here to tell you it was some of the best tasting bread I have ever baked.  Wished I had the recipe!

5 comments:

Amber Sayer Walker said...

Looks good! It looks like artisan bread!

Barb said...

Hi Marsha!

Well, we can't judge a book by it's cover . . . I love homemade bread no matter what!! I made rolls today and forgot to put salt in them! When I rolled them up, to let them raise, I sprinkled a little salt on the butter, and no one knew . . . until now . . . ;0)

Better luck next time, hope you find that recipe!

Hugs,
Barb

Deb J. in Utah said...

It doesn't matter what it looks like as long as it tastes good!

Anonymous said...

As long as it tastes good it doesn't matter what it look like. ...Max

LeAnn said...

I can almost smell it from here. Yummy! I love warm bread with butter and jam; nothing better.
Hugs!