Friday, September 18, 2015

Mamma and Baby Moose

Last evening, a little before 8pm., my husband was looking out the window when he spotted a young moose in the field by our home.  I got my camera and went outside to get a photo.  I looked for quite some time before I could see anything.  Finally, I spotted a moose, lying in the field hidden by some tall grass.  I thought that was the baby and I asked my husband where the mamma moose was because you rarely see a baby moose without the mamma close by.  He informed me that this moose was the mamma moose.

IMG_1604

I looked and looked and still could not see a baby moose anywhere.  My husband waved me over and had me walk out further into the yard, over by our flowering crab apple tree where I could see around the pine trees, and there stood the baby moose.  As big as they are, it’s hard to picture them as a baby.  But just look at that sweet little face……………Baby!

IMG_1602

3 comments:

Barb said...

Hi Marsha!

I love moose! Have you ever heard the song, "There's a Chocolate Moose on the Loose"? It was a favorite of my grands! Here is the link - https://www.youtube.c/watch?v=BOZK9mlXykY. I think you probably see more chocolate moose in your yard than most people see in a lifetime! And that baby does have a sweet little face!!

Hugs,
Barb

Anonymous said...

You never know from one day to the next what you are going to see in your yard. You sure do draw the wild life...Max

LeAnn said...

How fun to have wildlife that you can talk pictures of in your area. When we lived in Spokane we had a wet land below us and were able to take some pictures through the years of various animals. Loved the pictures of the Moose photos. Blessings!