Saturday, September 12, 2015

Bottled Peaches - 2015

Canning……it all starts with a clean kitchen counter.

IMG_1482

But then, it gets quite messy….fast!  The counter and stove gets loaded with pots, pans, steamer, bottles, lids, hot pads……….

IMG_1483 

As far as canning goes, I do not like it, not at all.  My feet and back do not like the long hours and It’s a lot of work preparing everything before you even start the canning process.

IMG_1486

IMG_1484

IMG_1487

But then again, when it’s all said and done……the rewards are priceless!  I bottled 36 quarts of peaches last weekend.  For me, bottled peaches are my favorite fruit.  I love making peach cobbler and to just sit down with peaches and toast for breakfast is Heaven!

IMG_1492

IMG_1499

IMG_1501

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks yummy. I love bottled peaches too. You are more ambitious than me though, I do in halves instead of slicing makes it faster...Max

Deb J. in Utah said...

Lovely! This post brings back so many memories - my mom bottled peaches and she was diabetic so didn't use any sugar and those bottled peaches tasted so fresh! She's been gone almost 20 years now, so it was good to recall the memory of my mom. I don't bottle fruit - but maybe someday I will make the trip to Idaho and you can teach me how! ;-) Looks like you are an expert. Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

LeAnn said...

I haven't bottled for years but I do remember the sweet feeling of looking at all the bottles of fruit on the shelve. Hugs!

Barb said...

Hi Marsha!

Yum! I have to agree, canning is a lot of work, and I'm not it's biggest fan . . . :0) Although, I seem to do my share too, even though it's not my favorite thing to do!

I do believe you are one of the busiest women I know! Your peaches look delightful, I love that they are all cut up in the bottles, they look so pretty! I usually just half them, I guess that's just the way my mother and grandmother did it. I just love to open a bottle of peaches on a cold winter day, brings me right back to September!

Hugs,
Barb