Monday, September 21, 2015

Eastern Idaho State Fair

On September 9th, hubby and I drove to the fair in Blackfoot, Idaho.  We met our daughter and grandson in the parking lot at Wal-Mart and then followed each other to the fair.  We got there just after opening time (10am) and stayed till 1:30pm.  It was a perfect day for the fair….the weather was nice and not too many people.  At noon, however, Blackfoot blows a siren, everyday.  This siren is very loud and seems to go on forever.  We were all talking about how loud it was when we looked down at Grayson and saw this.…..TOO FUNNY.  The picture says it all – LOUD!  It really let’s you know how loud the siren is when a 19-month old toddler is plugging his ears.
We eventually made it to where the sheep were.  We stopped in front of a pen to let Grayson see the sheep.  Then suddenly and with a loud clang, a sheep pushed his head through the gate.  We were all laughing but it took 30-seconds or so and then Grayson started crying.  We didn’t know how bad it scarred him until we looked at the photo and realized how close the lamb was to him and how blurry Grayson’s head, hands and feet were.  Yep, I think he was totally startled.
When we were walking through the horse barns, my husband noticed this sign hanging on a structure by the Clydesdales and wanted me to take a picture of it. 
When we had seen all we wanted to see, we headed back to our vehicles.  Grayson was so good the entire time, well, with the exception of the sheep event.  We decided we’d better let him get his wiggles out before heading out so Grandpa walked him around for a bit.  How cute is that.
One last final….let’s play in the rocks on the road before we go.
Ok everyone, let me brush my hands off and we can go.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a fun day for all. He does like rocks. Remember when we were up there this summer and he sat outside with me and Dean and played in the dirt and rocks.....Max

Barb said...

Hi Marsha!

The fair is always so much fun! Your little grand is adorable, and I don't blame him for being scared of the sheep, they can be scary! I just love the curiosity of a child, you can see that he was taking it all in.

That whistle is loud, it was always the sign to me that it was time for lunch when I worked downtown. But, the most beautiful, was the bells that rang from the little church just down the road from where I worked, they were beautiful, and would play Christmas music the whole month of December, I loved them!

Looks like you had a great time!

Hugs,
Barb

LeAnn said...

What an adorable little grand baby. The pictures are so cute. I can tell he is really smart too; by his reactions. This was a fun post and it look like you had a great time. Hugs~