Thursday, August 20, 2015

Sterling Silver Neck Chain

When I went to have my knee surgery, I had forgotten I had my sterling silver neck chain around my neck.  It’s just a part of me…I wear it 24-7, very rarely taking it off.  It’s great for hanging my glasses on when I don’t feel like wearing them.  The nurse spotted it and told me I would need to take it off before going into surgery. 
It has been 4 weeks since I had my surgery and my necklace has been nowhere to be found.  Since coming home from the hospital, I’ve looked in my hospital bag (hoping it was hiding in a corner or somewhere) several times, as well as my purse, as well as in my………………………I think you are getting it.  I HAVE LOOKED EVERYWHERE.  I was even going to call the hospital to see if they had a lost and found area but I just decided to let it go…it was lost.
Today while doing laundry I went to clean out the lint basket and I saw something shining in the lint.  I thought it was a small safety pin because I have a shirt that I need to pin to keep it closed.  When I picked it up, I couldn’t believe my eyes……………..There it was, my silver neck chain.  Happy Dance!  And of course, I remember now that I dropped it in my shirt pocket for safe keeping.
It doesn’t appear so in the photo, but it actually is silver.  Now, if I can only get out that humungous knot…………………..!

IMG_1375

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Marsha!

Yeah! Answered prayers, and a good reason to clean out the lint filter!

Hugs,
Barb

Deb J. in Utah said...

So happy that you found it! I have had similar experiences with lost things. Happy dance for sure!

Anonymous said...

Lucky lucky lucky. Too bad I'm not there I am good at getting knots out. Had plenty of practice with tangled fishing line..Max

Amber Sayer Walker said...

That is crazy! Glad you found it!

LeAnn said...

I am so happy you found the necklace. I do feel bad about the knot; it looks complicated. Blessings and hugs wished for you!