Thursday, August 6, 2015

AAAAhhhhhhh – I Finally Feel Clean

Wow, how we humans take things for granted.  Finally, after two weeks of not being able to bath or shower, per doctors orders, I couldn't believe how good my hot shower felt. 

Capture

After my knee surgery and being non-weight bearing for three days, then limited weight bearing for another 11 days with no baths or showers the entire time, I thought I was going to go totally berserk.  I don’t know how the pioneers did it…..going for many days without taking baths/showers.  I did, however, take many spit-baths……but, let’s face it, you really don’t ever feel clean just by taking spit-baths.  At least, I never did.  When I finally got to take my shower, I drained the hot water…..all of it!  Aaaahhhhh, modern luxuries…..I don’t think I will ever take my morning showers for granted, ever again!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

About time you showered we were getting weird odors clear down here in utah...HA HA. Just kidding. That is the way I felt last year when I got my new knee so I know what you were going through. My first shower was heaven!!!!!!!!!!!!Max

LeAnn said...

I do love a grateful heart; and I can understand your joy in being able to take that shower. I too can't imagine being a pioneer. So happy that you had this sweet moment.
Hugs!

Deb J. in Utah said...

There are so many things we take for granted. Glad to hear that you are on the mend!

Anonymous said...

Hi Marsha!!

I'm so glad you are recovering and able to take a shower! I hope that your knee doesn't give you anymore problems. You are a trooper!

Hugs,
Barb

Anonymous said...

I am extremely impressed along with your writing talents and also
with the format in your weblog. Is that this a paid theme or
did you customize it your self? Either way keep up the nice high quality writing,
it is uncommon to peer a nice weblog like this one nowadays..