Friday, April 17, 2015

Mi Nest Cafe

Today we, a friend and I, ventured away from home for absolutely no reason at all, other than to go eat and play.  To start off, we headed to a new eating place not too far from where we live.  The place is called “Mi Nest Café”.  It is in the same building where I first learned how to tole paint….somewhere between 25 – 30 years ago.  Wow, is the earth really that old, or is it me?  We arrived around 11am and were the only ones there but by the time we left, the place was packed!  From the outside, you would never know there is a small restaurant inside. 

IMG_0459

When I say small, we’re talking that it holds approximately 22 to maybe 26 people, max.  When you first walk in the door, you are greeted with a very simple, hometown atmosphere.  And clean, the place was very clean!  I did not get permission to show the cashier and so that is why I have face blurred out.

IMG_0460

IMG_0462

IMG_0466

The menu was simple too…..having the menu on the front side and their logo on the back.  I liked the fact that the menu was very basic and not over-kill, having too many options.  Besides menus, they had a chalkboard (three photos up) hanging on the wall above the cash register, where they posted the special of the day, desserts, and a few other items.  Let’s talk menu prices – VERY GOOD!

IMG_0464

 IMG_0463

I ordered a baked potato with butter and sour cream, and a side salad with ranch dressing on the side….best side salad I’ve ever had.  Besides lettuce, this salad was loaded with strawberries, carrots, beets, tomatoes, olives, cucumbers, green peppers, and cheese.

IMG_0469

IMG_0468

My friend ordered a grilled cheese sandwich and fries.  The fries are homemade, cooked to perfection, and they were delish.  We kind of swapped food around so we could taste a little bit of everything.  They brought us an extra bowl so we could split the salad then each of us took some fries.

IMG_0470

IMG_0471

Can you believe it, we got all that food for under $10 for the both of us!  When we went up to pay, there were some business cards sitting by the cash register.  I tucked one away in my purse so I could show it to you in case you wanted to go there (hint, hint…I think you should go).

IMG_0474

As we left, I tried to get a picture of their business hours that they had posted in the front window but with all the reflection, it was difficult to get.  They are open every day of the week, except for Sundays.  Their hours are from 6:30am till 7pm.

IMG_0473

I have a blogger friend that says I should take a new picture of me and post it on my blog photo.  I told her I don’t do pictures of myself.  But, then again, today as I was taking the first photo posted in this blog, I could see my reflection in the window.  I actually turned sideways before snapping the shot so my full reflection would not be in the photo.  If you really zoom in on the photo and look close, you can see my side shot in the reflection in the window.  I am behind the second post from the right-hand side of the picture.  There, selfie accomplished!

2 comments:

Barb said...

Hi Marsha!

That's not a selfie, it's a sidie! One day you will do it! I have actually taken a few pictures that had my reflection, and I refused to post them...So you're not alone!

We are just going to have to take a trip to your neck of the woods and try Mi Nest Cafe, it looks delicious!

Hugs,
Barb

Anonymous said...

Looks delicious. We will have to go if I get there...max