Monday, December 8, 2014

Wild Turkeys on Mine Hill Road Route

I needed to go to the bank today and decided to head up towards the mine hill and take a little drive.  On the way there, I noticed some wild turkeys running down the road so I hurried and pulled to the side of the road.  By that time, the turkeys were right where I was so I started snapping pictures.  These turkeys were not nearly as colorful as my last turkey pictures and they didn’t have their tail feathers fanned out but it was still fun watching them.

IMG_9876

IMG_9878

IMG_9879

This male turkey started gobbling and making different kinds of noises and acted like he did not like me invading his territory.  He even ran towards the car while I was taking the video and I wasn’t too sure he wasn’t going to attack the car.  He got pretty close and made me a bit nervous but not enough to stop taking the video and shut the car window.

IMG_9880

.

After watching the turkeys for a bit, they walked away so I headed towards the bridge.  When I got to the bridge, there was a pair of Barrow’s Goldeneye Ducks swimming around.  The male has the dark bluish black head the the female has the brown head.

IMG_9884

I was also able to see a Belted King Fisher and a large Crane but they both flew off before I could get pictures.  My goodness, the Crane was making an awful noise as he flew off.  After leaving the bridge and heading for home, the turkeys had come back to the same area they were in before so I decided to take a few more parting shots.

IMG_9887

IMG_9886

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

looks like you have gone to the birds...ha ha..Maxnty

Anonymous said...

looks like you have gone to the birds...Max

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a good drive.Great pictures....Janis....