Saturday, December 6, 2014

G.E. Unitized Washer/Dryer Combo

Back in September, I wrote about my Kenmore Washer/Dryer Laundry Center.  Can you believe it…………..After many hours of research, and approximately 5-6 months without washing my clothes at home, I decided to purchase a General Electric Unitized Laundry Center. 
1
It actually has a bigger washing tub than my other unit (we paid an extra $100 for this feature) and I can wash both the top sheet, fitted sheet, and pillow cases in one load.  We like using the plush sheets which are more bulky than regular sheets so I could not wash them all at the same time in my old washer.  I love having the bigger washing tub!  Did I say how much I love having a bigger washing tub?  One thing I don’t like is the fact that if you lift the lid while it is washing, it stops agitating.  I can lift it approximately 3/4” and use a flashlight to look inside to make sure the load of clothes I place in the washer are not too large to get washed thoroughly.  Once I get used to the size of loads I can put in the washer, I’m sure this won’t be a problem.
Inside Washer
As for the control panel on the machine, it is harder to read without my reading glasses and parts of it are confusing.  I much more prefer the one on my old Kenmore.  The Kenmore had better options for dryer heating control and options to have a dryer buzzer.  This machine does not have a buzzer feature letting you know when my clothes are done drying.  Who makes a machine without this feature……??  I have to really pay attention and listen to when the dryer stops so my clothes do not wrinkle before I get to them.
IMG_9873
The dryer barrel looks like it might be a bit bigger than my old machine but not enough to really notice.
IMG_9875
All-in-all, I think once I get used to this new machine and adjust to its options, it will be one I can surely live with.  After being so long without one and having to go to a Laundromat, this one is perfect, just perfect.  I’m hoping it will last 20+ years like my old Kenmore, and I will be one happy camper. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks nice sure you will enjoy it once you get use to it..Max

Anonymous said...

Looks nice sure you will enjoy it once you get use to it..Hate having to prove I'm not a robot..Max