Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Bear Claw Back Scratcher – Best Ever!

During Thanksgiving, my husband and I traveled to Utah to be with family.  On the way to our destination, I mentioned to my husband that I would like to go to Smith & Edwards to see what everyone talks about.  It reminded me of my years as a youth where my parents would take us all to a store called “Allied”, up in the Salt Lake City, Utah area.  Their motto was “If We Don’t Have It, You Don’t Need It”.  You can read about the old Allied Store HERE.  From the outside of Smith & Edwards, you would never guess how enormous it is on the inside.  I found this picture on the internet to give you an idea of how it looks from the outside:

s.e

On the inside of the store, IT’S HUGE – we only covered maybe 1/4 of the store then we needed to leave to continue our trip.  The prices seemed a little expensive on some items but others were pretty reasonable.  We picked up a few things but one of my favorite things was, believe it or not, a back scratcher.

IMG_9864

IMG_9863

This back scratcher is telescopic and extends out to 27 3/4” long and when it is not extended, it is only 8.5” long.  I’m usually a “door frame” back scratcher but this little gadget puts a door frame to shame.  I like it so much that when my sister and her husband went to Smith & Edwards last week, I had them pick me up another one.  Just out of curiosity, I searched the internet over and I cannot find a back scratcher that looks like the one I purchased, anywhere.  Amazon shows that it has one but when you click on the picture, it goes to an entirely different back scratcher.  Another place had them but they had a minimum order of 5,000 pieces – yeah right!  Oh well, I have two now (in case one breaks I have a spare) and that works for me.

No comments: