Monday, November 24, 2014

Thanksgiving Sour Cream Packets

I came across the cutest craft on the internet for making Christmas sour cream packets and filling them with candy.  Loved this idea so I thought I would make some Thanksgiving packets, fill them with candy corn and give them to family, friends, my husbands co-workers, and the ladies I visit teach.
image
I made a little over fifty of them.  Once I got in the groove of printing, cutting out and putting them together, it was actually quite fun.  Instead of using glue, I used a double-sided, permanent tape runner, making the process pretty easy. 
image
To assemble, you run a strip of tape, on the back side of your pattern, down both long sides and on one short end.  To do my taping, I got an old magazine to lay my pattern on then ran my tape strips.  By doing it this way, it didn’t matter if I ran over the edges a bit and after making a few, I just turned to a clean page and glued a few more.
image
After placing your tape, you need to roll the short ends together, so it kind of resembles a toilet paper roll.
IMG_9853
Now mash the ends together, starting on the end with the feet.  After mashing the feet end flat, put in your treats of choice and then mash the other end in the opposite direction, making it look like a sour cream packet….like the kind you get at fast food restaurants.  That’s it…………..all done.  Easy and a fun gift to give!
 IMG_9854 IMG_9856

1 comment:

Chatty Crone said...

Wish I had your email - was so nice to get your comment and have your visit.

I hope you have a wonderful
THANKSGIVING!

Sandie