Thursday, November 6, 2014

Fall/Halloween/Thanksgiving Entryway Decor

For my Fall decorations on my entryway desk, I added acorns and some nuts from one of our maple trees.  My brother gathered some acorns for me a few years back and I decided to paint them with clear fingernail polish to make them stand out a bit more.  There were a lot of the acorns that had worm holes (I’m guessing/hoping they were worm holes) in them and a big portion of the caps had fallen off so before giving them a clear coat of polish, I separated the ones with holes from the good ones and hot glued all the caps back on.

IMG_9701-001

IMG_9809

IMG_9812

When my visiting teacher came this month, I had explained what I had done with the acorns and she said that the ones with holes in would add charm to my decorations.  So with that in mind, I decided to us the ones with holes in, too.  When I got the container of acorns, I noticed a bunch of brown stuff in the bottom.  It was coming from the holes in the acorns.  I shook one and more brown stuff came out so I decided while they were in the container I would shake them and get all the stuff out.  Well, I’m here to tell you that I think I shook the “Charm” right out of them.  I shook, shook and shook some more (45 minutes) trying to get rid of what I will call “Charm Dust”.  I’m sure there is more but I was just about shook out.

IMG_9819

IMG_9823

IMG_9818

Look at the size of “Charm Dust” in comparison to the size of the acorn.  For sure, there was a whole lot of shaking going on!

IMG_9816

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is strange, to have that many with holes in them. it is a cute display....Janis....