Sunday, September 11, 2011

Bring on the Fall

After church today, I went for a ride up to the Reservoir.  The sun was shining on the reservoir in such a way that the water was all glittery and shining...awesome.  If you look at the brown hillside and the brush surrounding the reservoir, you can sure see signs of Fall.

By the look of the clouds, it looks like we are going to get some rain......which won't be good because Evan just got his hay cut and raked into swaths.


After the reservoir, I drove down to the Sportsman's Access.  Along the side of the road is this sage colored shrub with bright yellow plumage on the top.

It looks like the yellow plumage is eye candy to the honey bees.  They were swarming all over the plant.

Everything around the reservoir and sportsman's access gave hints of fall but when I got home and saw the beautiful flower my sister gave me back in May, there was not a trace of fall.....unless you look at our yellowing grass under the planter.  But you know what?..............bring on the Fall .......... Fall is one of my most favorite times of the year.

1 comment:

Amber Sayer Walker said...

Please don't tell me it rained on Dad's hay....