Monday, November 16, 2015

Whipped Butter

At our home, we always take a few sticks of butter out of the fridge and keep them in a container in the cupboard.  Our home is always cool enough in the cupboard that our butter never goes rancid before it is all used.  Recently, I came across an article on the internet that said if you whip your butter with a little water, it will give you a nice, creamy, smooth butter.  It didn’t give the amount of butter per water used, so I set off to experimenting.  My final result was to take 4 sticks of butter out of the fridge, leave it on the counter for a few hours, bringing it to room temperature.  When my butter is at room temperature, I mix in 2-3 tablespoons of hot water and beat it with an electric mixture till it is a nice creamy texture.

IMG_2017

After it reaches the creamy texture, I place it in the container I had used previously, before whipping the butter.  Our butter is now nice and creamy at all times.

IMG_2019

IMG_2024

Before I came across the site on how to whip butter, I’d put three sticks in the container and nuke it in the microwave for approximately 10 to 20 seconds and then I’d squish it down into the container.  Even in the cupboard, using this process, the butter would be too hard to spread so we would nuke it for approximately 7-8 seconds before each use, to get it spreadable.
It’s sure nice not having to nuke the butter each time we want to use it.

2015-10-19

4 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

This is such a great idea. I am going to try it! Thanks for sharing the results of your "experiment." Have a great week!

Anonymous said...

Thanks sounds like something I will have to try. My cupboards are cool in the winter so it might not melt...Max

Anonymous said...

Excellent post. I was checking continuously this blog and I'm impressed!
Extremely helpful information :) I care for such info much.
I was seeking this certain info for a very long time. Thank you and good luck.

LeAnn said...

Thanks for this one; I will have to try it. Sending hugs!