Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Tree Climbing Porcupine

When I pulled in the driveway this evening, I notice something moving in the tree right in front of my car.  Upon closer observation, it was my little buddy, the porcupine.  He was almost to the bottom of the tree when I pulled up but I guess he didn’t like my invasion of his space and he headed up high in the tree, really high.  I was surprised that the branches were even holding his weight.  After shooting a video of him, I tried to get some photos but I couldn’t ever get too clear of a shot because of all the branches.  As slow as he was moving, and if I didn’t know better, I’d say he looked like a sloth………..V-E-R-Y slow getting up the tree.  My husband just went and looked out the window and said that the porcupine was gone.  I guess once we left him alone and came in the house, that was his cue to high-tail it out of there.

.

IMG_5017

IMG_5019

IMG_5020

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

pretty cool pictures I like the humming bird decoration ...Janis..

Seth and Natalie said...

Who knew porcupines were such great climbers? I hope you never get close enough to get a feel for his prickly prickles!

rudi48 said...

Thanks for putting this up Marsha. I doubt that I would have ever seen this sight in my lifetime and I'm happy you shared it. jm

Anonymous said...

I guess you have him up a tree ha ha. You might have a new found friend. Don't try to pet him though. Max

Anonymous said...

I have been exploring for a little bit for any high-quality articles
or blog posts on this kind of area . Exploring in Yahoo I eventually stumbled upon this web site.
Reading this information So i am satisfied to convey that I've an incredibly good uncanny feeling I discovered exactly what I needed. I most without a doubt will make certain to don?t fail to remember this web site and provides it a look regularly.