Saturday, January 5, 2013

Stand Ye in Holy Places - Handouts

This year in Young Women’s, the theme for the entire year is “Stand Ye in Holy Places”.  It is in reference to the scripture Doctrine and Covenants 87:8 (Wherefore, stand ye in holy places, and be not moved, until the day of the Lord come; for behold, it cometh quickly, saith the Lord. Amen.)  The lesson is to help remind the Young Women to always Stand Ye in Holy Places by always doing things that are pleasing to the Lord.  I found a handout at a blog called Pretty Printables For You.  This lady is amazing with her talents in making handouts.  I loved her message/handout…. D.O.T.S (Depend On The Savior).  All her handouts are free so I didn’t think she would mind me using her idea and changing it up a bit to fit the subject for my lesson.  Using her creation as a starting point, I took it from there and made a handout that would fit in my lesson.  After making the handouts, I went to our local grocery store and bought a package of Dots candy that I could tie on to handouts. I hope you enjoy it and I hope it was OK to use her idea.  UPDATE - NEW HANDOUT - GO HERE.
IMG_4985

3 comments:

Orton Family said...

I know this was from a bit ago, but we are using this theme for our RS birthday dinner. Do you still have the handout on file that your could email to me and we could reprint?
I love it! Thanks from your fellow sister in the gospel - Tanya

Anonymous said...

I LOVE this!!! It would would perfect for Girls camp. Can you email me your file?
Thanks
Brenda

Celeste said...

I LOVE this!! I really like the D.O.T.S. with the pretty colors that you show in the picture. Would you please send me the link to print exactly this one shown in the picture? I would like to use these for family night.

Kind regards,
Celeste Adams