Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Sleepy Porcupine

Too cold for man or beast…………..Bur-r-r-r-r!  Our temperature this morning is 2 below zero.  My husband went outside this morning to check the heat in our shop and he spotted a porcupine, sound asleep in front of the back tire on our truck.  He came in the house to tell me about it so I could go and get some pictures.  This porcupine was not just asleep, he was in total slumber and nothing was going to wake him up.  I got right up next to him, within 5 feet, to take pictures.  I stepped back a little to get a video of him but he wouldn’t budge.  I was screaming really loud and he still would not wake up.  Finally, he rose his head up a little, looked around (just barely), then tucked his head back down and went back to sleep.  Once again I started screaming and he woke up, moved under the truck and that is where, par for the course, I ran out of video.  I came back in the house for about 10 minutes and decided to go see if I could get a good video of him and once again, he was sound asleep in front of the tire.  No waking him this time.
IMG_4946

IMG_4951

IMG_4947

IMG_4950

Sleepy Porcupine
 
Sleepy Porcupine pt. 2

Ok, it is 10:30am and I thought I would try one more time to see if I could get our porcupine to move, just a little, for video purposes.  Well, you can be the judge as to how much this porcupine decided to move.  He’s either really, really sleepy or just too cold to care.
Sleepy Porcupine pt. 3

ONE MORE TIME.  Here We Go.........................................................................
 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool I DID!NT KNOW you had porcupines up there cute little fellow...Janis..

Anonymous said...

cute little critter. You sure luck out getting neat animal shots. How do you rate. Max

Mady said...

This was too cute! He's adorable. Also you'll laugh, I was watching the video and while your little friend didn't want to move, all of the kittens in my house came to my computer looking for who was calling them!

Seth and Natalie said...

what a cute little guy, I didn't know they sat up on their bums like that. My boys love your porcupine! I hope that he keeps away when he's more awake.