Sunday, December 30, 2012

Christmas 2013

I’m turning into a Scrooge…..something I thought I would never do.  I love Christmas but my pet peeve is taking hours to decorate a tree.  With that being said, this year I bought a 4 1/2 foot tree that I could put on an end table in front of the window and maybe cut down on some of the decorating time….AND, it’s a pre-lit tree – Woot, woot.  Every year, I have these little acrylic thingies that I call “star bursts” that I put over each and every light on the tree which makes the lights shine like a star.  Who would have thought that this little 4 1/2 foot tree would basically have the same amount of light on it that I usually put on my big tree.  Let’s hear it for lights.  Well, when I went to put my little star bursts on my pre-lit tree, they wouldn’t fit because of a hitch and lock knob system the new lights had on them.  M-A-N….I had to have my star bursts so I single handedly cut off every single one of those stink’n hitch and lock knobs………..taking me 3 1/2 hours.  So much for cutting out time.  But once I got started, I couldn’t quit…..that’s just me.  One less job to do next year and with this smaller tree, I’m just going to put it in a huge bag and pack it up to the attic and it will already be basically done for next year.  Following are pictures of my new little tree and some of my homemade decorations that I cut out of wood and painted many years ago.

IMG_4830

IMG_4906

IMG_4895

IMG_4896

Don’t know how this one turned out this way but it looks like Rudy had one too many to drink.  This has been a joke in our family for quite some time and Rudy is front and center on our Christmas tree every year.

IMG_4897

IMG_4937

IMG_4932

IMG_4926

These next few photos are just for the fun of it.  I learned last year how to shake and turn my camera while taking a picture and the following pictures are the results I came up with this year.  Fun!

IMG_4864

IMG_4877

IMG_4878

IMG_4879

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your little tree turned out nice. Good job...Max

Amber Sayer Walker said...

The pictures almost make it look like your full-sized tree with presents around the base of it. So, where's your post about Christmas day itself?

Seth and Natalie said...

Your ornaments are so great, you should keep painting. I like your wiggly lights!